It’s My Potty (“IMP”) is committed to preserving and safeguarding your right to privacy. This Policy explains how IMP collects, uses and discloses the personal information you may provide to us while using the Website (the “Website”). Personal information refers to information that specifically identifies you as an individual and is provided to or collected by us. It may include, for example, your name, address, fax number, gender and credit card information.
IMP adheres to Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documentation Act (PIPEDA, the “Act”). This Act sets out the manner in which IMP collects, uses, discloses and otherwise manages personal information in our possession. IMP is committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly. By using the Website you signify your consent to the collection of personal information. Information that you provide will only be used and disclosed for the purposes for which you have consented to its collection.
IMP may modify or revise its Policy from time to time without any notice to you. The revised Policy shall be posted on the IMP website located at www.itsmypotty.com and every other IMP affiliated website. You should review the Policy on a regular basis for any such changes. You agree that your continued use of the Website after the revised Policy has been posted constitutes your consent to such revised Policy.
Information Automatically Collected
Personal Information You Provide
IMP receives personal information from visitors to our Website only for a narrow set of purposes. Typically, identifying information is collected as stated below:
Website. IMP may keep a record of the email addresses of those who communicate with us via the Contact Us or Request for Quote feature. IMP may use your personal information to contact you and as otherwise permitted by law.
IMP also collects both aggregate and user-specific information on what web pages consumers’ access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and contest application information.
- Purchases. IMP may collect personal information about you when you purchase products from it by telephone, mail or fax. The information collected may include your name, address, company name, telephone number, fax number, email address, event details and credit card information.
- Customer Service. IMP may collect personal information from you if you contact IMP with a consumer complaint or request. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and the facts regarding the complaint or request.
- Marketing Research. IMP may collect information about you if you consent to participate in any of It’s My Potty’s marketing research programs. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, income, product awareness, interests, and facts regarding your consumer habits and preferences.
- Contests and Promotions. Lastly, IMP may collect information about you if you participate in any of It’s My Potty’s contests or promotions. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, income, product awareness, interests, and facts regarding your consumer habits and preferences.
Why we Collect Personal Information
Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. When you request services from us, we ask that you provide sufficient information to enable us to respond to your request. Personal Information may be used:
- To contact and correspond with you;
- To confirm your identity;
- To process and ship your orders for products or services;
- For billing purposes related to our services;
- At an aggregate level, to improve It’s My Potty offerings to enhance the consumer experience and to assess strategic initiatives;
- To confirm eligibility for contests and to award prizes;
- To contact consumers for marketing purposes,
- To respond to your consumer complaint or request;
- For regulatory and audit purposes.
Personal information may also be used for other purposes, subject to obtaining your prior consent.
Consent to Use Personal Information
Consent may be obtained in various ways. We may obtain your express consent or deem that consent has been implied by the circumstances. Express consent could be in writing, for example, in a signed consent or online e-mail, opt-in e-mail communication, or verbally in person or over the telephone. When we receive personal information from you that enables us to provide you with our services, your consent to allow us to deal with that personal information in a reasonable manner may be implied.
You also authorize us to use and retain this personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with notice that such consent is withdrawn.
Sharing Personal Information
In providing our services, we may from time to time need to disclose the personal information we collect to other service providers or agents who perform various functions for us, such as processing or delivering orders, provided such suppliers agree to keep all personal information private, confidential and secure. IMP may also disclose your personal information to third parties who administer contests, promotions and online activities on its behalf.
In certain circumstances, we may provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Links to Other Sites
The Website may contain links to other non-IMP websites. IMP is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites,
IMP understands the importance of protecting your personal information and uses the latest Internet security protocols to protect personal information collected through the Website. However, you should be aware that the Internet is not a secured medium. Therefore, IMP does not represent or warrant the complete security of the personal information provided by you to IMP through the Website. You understand that you are providing such information to IMP at your own risk.
Keeping Information Accurate
It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. With some exceptions prescribed by law, you have the right to access, verify or challenge the information we have about you and have it amended if appropriate. You can help us keep personal information up-to-date by keeping us informed of any changes, such as a change of email address.
If you would like to review or update the personal information in your customer record or withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or if you have any inquiries, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer as listed in the Contact Information section below.
Please contact our Chief Privacy Officer to obtain further information about our policies and procedures or if you have any unresolved inquiries or concerns. If you do not want to receive email from It’s My Potty you can unsubscribe with every offering by clicking on the link within our email. You can also contact us by sending an email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line. When you request that your name be removed from our databases, it may not be possible to completely delete all your personal information due to technical and legal constraints, including stored back-up systems.
Chief Privacy Officer - It’s My Potty
185 Eastern Avenue, Toronto, Ontario – M5A 1H7
Fax: (416) 527-0008 – email@example.com